Last year our Junior Leadership Team worked really hard to improve not only our school but also the local community.
- they worked with Mr Holt on the Learning Ladder to make it really effective and help pupils to have a better mindset when learning;
- they created and ran a Friday Lunchtime Fun Club to support children who might not have many friends;
- they looked at improving our outdoor facilities.
They also talked about social issues such as:
- plastic and its impact on our local and wider world - we did a learning walk in school to look at how much plastic we used and agreed to aim to become a plastic-free school by 2022;
- the loneliness of some of our elderly people and how we could make life better for them - this included visiting Bowgreave Rise Home for the Elderly as part of the Cards for Kindness initiative.
Our Junior Leadership team for 2019/2020 is as follows:
Harry (Head Boy)
Eva (Head Girl)
Felix (Deputy Head Boy)
Lucy (Deputy Head Girl)
The "old" team from 2018/19 met up with their successors during the last week of term in a hand-over meeting so that the good ideas started can be continued and embedded.
We will meet at least once every month. We follow a clear agenda and send minutes out to all the teachers so that they can share them with classes.
Our first meeting took place on 3rd September when we discussed the JLT role and our focus for the coming year. We agreed that the JLT charity this year would be Dementia. You can read in a little more detail what we discussed in the Minutes Tab.