This year we are focusing on art at Copp, we are looking at how we teach art skills and the work that these skills can lead to. We will be having focused art days and turning Copp into an art gallery!
A good artist at Copp School…
- is enthusiastic
- enjoys being creative
- can talk about and appreciate the work of other artists
- is able to evaluate their work and suggest ways to improve
- is keen to develop and refine their skills
- can work with a range of skills, tools and media with confidence
- is able to apply their knowledge and understanding of art to their own work.
Copp School’s Aims
- To foster an understanding and enjoyment of art, craft and design.
- To provide all children with a broad and balanced education.
- To learn about art and the appreciation of the work of other artists and craftspeople from different times and cultures.
- To learn through art, extending and enriching other curriculum areas.
- To develop pupils’ ability to observe, investigate, respond to and record the world around them through a variety of forms and media.
- To encourage pupils to make increasingly informed and creative choices of media, tools and techniques for a given purpose.
- To develop pupils’ visual language and the ability to express their ideas and feelings in order to evaluate their own work and that of others.
- To deliver the national curriculum by integrating the elements of art with its processes and practices to provide a broad and balanced art curriculum throughout each year.
- To train pupils in the safe and appropriate use and maintenance of tools and techniques in accordance with health and safety requirements
Please click here to see what we are covering throughout the year in art.